Thursday, May 2

{recipe} simple summer salad

I never thought I would say this, but sometimes, a girl just needs a salad. After a weekend filled with indulgences like brats from the grill, mac & cheese, jalapeno-corn muffins, pints of beer, mexican tortas, nachos, stuffed dates ... the list goes on, this past Sunday night all I wanted was something light and healthy to ease me back into my norm of healthful eating. But I didn't want something lacking in taste. If I'm learning anything about eating healthy, it's that I'll never stick to it if the food is flavorless and unenjoyable.

So A and I set out on Sunday to make a salad that would be healthy, filling, and delicious. I'd call our efforts a success!

 This salad is really simple but makes it look like you might actually know what you're doing in the kitchen. As someone who aspires to cook and entertain more in the future, I'm certain this mix will make many a reappearance. I especially love that its quick to throw together, so if I want to invite friends over for dinner and a glass of wine on a whim, I can!


No comments:

Post a Comment

you might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...