Friday, April 12

{friday fashions} penny parka

It's not the springiest of colors, but this green Penny Parka has become a staple in my wardrobe. I'm loving the fatigued army(ish) jackets, and I think this one does a great job of playing on that trend while keeping it cute and somewhat feminine. (They only have size Large on Piperlime now, but it is on sale!) I was originally inspired to buy this after seeing a similar jacket worn by Jessica Quirk over at What I Wore. I love her style, and she's pretty tall like me (I'm 5'10''), so I enjoy seeing the outfits she puts together and knowing they'll probably look similar on my extra long frame. Check out her blog if you're ever wanting to switch your look up a bit and need some ideas! She's a Hoosier alum and still lives in Bloomington, IN, so you know she's legit!

I wear this jacket over my work clothes on warmer days (ie, not this week) but especially love it with my more casual looks, my favorite being skinnies with a striped tee and fun flats or riding boots.

I hear North Carolina falls seem to last forever (yes, I am actually moving to heaven), so I'm excited to get plenty of wears out of this purchase in the many coming months!

Jacket: Penny Parka; Flats: Piperlime (no longer available); Shirt: JCrew

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Haha and you are absolutely moving to heaven...but in case they haven't told you yet, heaven is pretty humid in late July :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, so I'll have to closet the jacket for the summer - I think I'm good with that :)

      Delete

you might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...