Monday, April 1

{lately} in little rock



Happy Monday!

I just got back from an amazing weekend in Little Rock, AR, with A and his family. After 8 hours of traveling, we got in at 1am Friday and didn't fly back to Minne until this morning. The extra night in LR made it seem like an actual getaway, which it really was. Dinners with his best friends (and one new girlfriend!), spending Saturday morning with his dad (his mom and sister were hosting a friend's bridal shower), relaxing on his family's back deck, grilling out and playing cards with his parents and sister, celebrating Easter with church and brunch at their club ... the weekend was the perfect mix of relaxation and "g0-go-go!".
  More enjoyable than any of the food, though (and yes, that includes the Farmer's Burger at Big Orange, "Arkansas' Best Frozen Margarita!" at Local Lime, bacon-wrapped filets with twice-baked potatoes from Cocina de Bloom, and a pulled pork sandwich from Whole Hog Cafe), was the conversation. I'll spare y'all the mushy "I'm so in love with my boyfriend" bit (okay, there it was just a smidge), but it was so much fun to hear A and his friends reminisce about the many shenanigans they pulled in their days at Pulaski Academy and get to know the great (seriously, they're great) men they are today. I remember in high school, our youth pastor repeatedly told us "You show me your friends, and I'll show you your future," and not that I didn't already know that A was (is) an amazing man, the more I get to know his friends and his family, the more I can see why that is.

Here are a few of my fav pics from our weekend:


Easter Brunch at Chenal

at Cody Belew & Heifer International's #saylove event in Little Rock -
click the link and check it out!

Relaxing on the Blooms' back deck with a fire, s'mores, and good friends!
Other life updates:

A leaves for a two week business trip to Spain on Saturday - yay for new challenges and adventures! Obviously, I'm going to miss the guy, but I'm so excited for this big opportunity for him! Ask me how I'm feeling when he heads off for part II in May (six weeks away!).

I officially have 8 weeks left in Minneapolis. Come back tomorrow for my first of 8 installments of "Favorite Things: Minneapolis"!

I'm (finally!) taking a highly recommended wine tasting class at Surdyk's tomorrow night! Lauren, Tristin, and I have already secured Lauren's fiance, Robbie, to chauffeur us, and are pretty excited to learn about (and indulge in) some great vino.

Today marks the start of my 45+ hours of pre-work to prep for TFA training this summer. I'm quite proud of the timeline I put together in my planner for working through it and can't wait to check things off my list. And to dive headfirst into a future as Ms. McConnell :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

you might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...