Monday, April 29

{lately} in sunny minnesota


The sun finally decided to come out this weekend and warm up the arctic tundra that has been Minneapolis - and oh how sweet that was! 70+ degrees Friday-Sunday, with two 65+ degrees today and tomorrow before slipping back into some chilly, rainy days to finish off the (hopefully) last of winter weather up here. A, my friends, and I took full advantage of the beautiful weather, savoring every minute of the sunshine and warmth before heading back to cube-ville today!

 
I lucked out and was able to leave work at 3:30 on Friday. I quickly headed home and changed into jeans and a TANKTOP before meeting A for a spontaneous mini beer-crawl in Lynlake. We were itching for some quality patio time and snagged a great table outside Herkimer to people watch (our fav!), munch on half-priced apps, and sip on 2-for-1 brews. While sitting there, we noticed Lyndale Tap House across the street and decided to head over for stop #2 - one more round of 2-for-1s with goat cheese & sausage stuffed dates. We finished up our night with a walk to Uptown to see Mud (A fell asleep in it, if that tells you about how good it was). I love random nights like Friday was :)

My future roomies, Laura and Haley, found a house! All of our applications are in and we're all crossing our fingers that it works out. It's got everything we could want - great location, cute exterior, porch swing, back yard, and hardwood floors. I can't wait to live with those girls - hopefully in that house! I'll keep y'all posted.

My life has been and will be "slightly" chaotic lately and in the months to come, and I was sweetly reminded last week that through it all, I can take my worries and my distractions and my nerves and my excitement - all of it - to the Lord. He doesn't ask that I come to Him fully focused and having everything "together". He just asks that I come to Him. I've been doing a study on prayer with She Reads Truth, and I've been so blessed through it and the reminder that we have a Father that longs for us to come to Him - in praise, in confession, and to ask for the deepest desires of our hearts, knowing that His answer or timing may differ from what we think we want but is exactly what He wants for us and knows is best for us. Today, I read in Luke 22 and these verses hit close to home: 

And he withdrew from them about a stone's throw, and knelt down and prayed,  saying, “Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.” Luke 22:41-42
Not my will, but yours, be done. Wow. I want to pray and trust God like Jesus does here. I'm praying this week that I seek His will and not my own, especially in these coming months of stress and transition. 
 

A booked his next flight to Spain this weekend and I'm so excited because he'll be back in time to head to Charleston, SC, with me for McConnell family vacay May 25-June 2.

A and I are also heading to hoosierland this weekend to celebrate my brother's graduation from Indiana University! The McConnell fam will welcome TWO new members into our own little Hoosier Alumni circle this weekend, as my brother and cousin, Marissa, both graduate on Saturday. I can't wait to be back in Btown and celebrate Clay's success at the best school in the country.

Saturday was the perfect day - weatherwise and activity-wise. Shortly after waking up, I met A to run a few errands before enjoying a short jog and long walk around Powderhorn Park. We then downed a couple delicious sandwiches from Manny's Tortas, cleaned up, and headed to Tristin & Lauren's for a pre-traveling tap grill sesh. Nothing says springtime like burgers & brats fresh off the grill. The night ended with a "going-away" party on the Traveling Tap with some of my closest friends. Our guides were incredible, the tunes were great, and the weather couldn't have been better. I love my friends and Saturday was one more reminder of how much I'll miss all of them when I head south.

the whole gang at our first stop!

A and I headed to Lord Fletcher's for brunch on Sunday (our last together in Minnesota), and it lived up to its reputation! Brioche french toast, prime rib, omelets to order, complementary mimosas, fruit and pastries galore ... all enjoyed on the heated deck overlooking Lake Minnetonka. A and I have made Sunday brunch a weekly tradition here in the Cities as a way to try new places, see new neighborhoods, and spend some guaranteed QT with each other each week. They've been some of my sweetest moments and favorite conversations together. I can't wait to restart the tradition in our new home of Charlotte once we're both there!

relaxing on the docks by Lake Minnetonka after brunch

4 weeks until Charlotte!

No comments:

Post a Comment

you might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...