Wednesday, April 10

{finding joy} when it snows in april


Minneapolis is expected to get 6-8'' of snow between today and tomorrow.

Also, it's April.

Needless to say, I'm antsy to move south right now. But I'm also determined to enjoy my last weeks (6.5, to be exact!) I have left in Minnesnowta. So I've been working extra hard to find the joy in the little things this week, and that has calmed my anxiety over having to break out my winter coat and brush the cold, wet, white stuff off my car this morning.
 


The little things: 


1. skype - Alex and I skyped over my lunch today (I hadn't talked to him since Sunday) and my heart is still working overtime out of excitement at hearing his voice and seeing his face. Bless you, skype. Long distance couples everywhere are singing your praises.

2. lemons - like I said guys, it's the little things. I bought a big bag of lemons at Target last week, and they've made my daily 64 oz oof H20 far more refreshing. I saw somewhere that it's also tasty to freeze berries and throw them in your water - perhaps that'll be my next experiment :)

3. hunter rain boots - the good thing about the endless cycle of snow/melt/snow/melt in Minneapolis is that I get to wear my beloved navy hunter rain boots! They're probably one of the better investments I made before moving up here, and I'm happy that it does rain in the south, so they won't go unworn when I move.

4. monday night yoga - working up a sweat in the company of some incredible women and an amazing instructor is a sweet way to battle the neverending winter blues.

5. dutch tulips nail polish - I recently started painting my nails and toe-nails regularly to make it a feel a little more like spring! My favorite color as of late has been OPI's Dutch Tulips. I kept choosing it at the nail salons and decided to save some money and buy it so I can do my own mani/pedi without the $30+ price tag!

6. bread & wine - My copy is set to be delivered tomorrow! I can't really contain my excitement over this - it's just too much. I'm going to treat myself to reading it as a break from my many hours of TFA Pre-Work readings. Happy, happy, happy :)

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear how Bread & Wine is! I'm going to order it!!

    ReplyDelete

you might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...