Monday, April 22

{lately} he's back!

A is back from Madrid! His flight landed last night around 7pm. We got to spend a couple of sweet hours together before jet lag got the best of him and he succumbed to the exhaustion. We are going out to dinner tonight, and I can't wait to get all the details of his trip in person - and discuss a really exciting possibility that popped up while he was over there! I'll keep y'all posted :)

My devotional with She Reads Truth right now is focused on prayer and diving into a prayer life of praise, confession, petition, intercession, and kingdom advancement. This morning's scripture was on the Prodigal Son and what true confession looks like - coming to the Father broken and fully honest before the Lord. As always, though, the sweetest part of this scripture to me is the father's response - "... But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him. ... 'For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found.' And they began to celebrate." (Luke 15:20, 24). All we have to do is come to the Lord with our brokenness. He just wants us to come home to Him, no matter what sin plagued our past or what baggage we're carrying up the driveway. When we come to Him and confess, He wraps us up in His big fatherly embrace (I love comparing this to the big hugs my own pops pulls me into when I come home after months away in MN), welcomes us home, and wipes our slate clean. He loves us that much. How sweet that is!
word art from loch2day.blogspot.com

I have been thinking lately about what my vision for this blog is. I love writing posts filled with "tips & tricks" and such, but I originally started it with the hope that it would stir my creative juices and provide me an outlet for some real, thought provoking writing. I certainly plan to combine the two, with posts of both varieties as well as keeping up these "lately" posts, but I do want to be more intentional with this space. More on that soon, I'm sure.

I had a great weekend with good friends in MSP, filled with dinner at my favorite thai restaurant (Tum Rup Thai), drinks at Stella's and Williams in Uptown, brunch at Bar Abilene, another brewery stop, dinner at Manny's Tortas (THE best sandwiches in the Cities) and then going out Saturday night. I stayed with my friends Tristin & Lauren afterward and spent yesterday morning chatting with them over coffee, pancakes, and bacon. Lauren got engaged this winter and both of them recently purchased their first homes - so much to be excited about. I love mornings like that, and I love their friendship!

Tristin, me, & Lauren on Saturday night
Manny's Tortas in Midtown Global Market - go there immediately and order Manny's Special or
the Roasted Pork tortas. You will be so happy you did!
Tristin and I went to a wine class on the wines of Chile & Argentina on Tuesday. A and I love Malbec, so I was so excited that Surdyk's was offering the class. I wasn't disappointed! A was a bit jealous that I got to spend a night sipping our favorite wine without him, but I couldn't pass it up. Expect a post sometime this week sharing all the great insights and tips on wines and food pairings I learned in the two classes I took this month.

The cheese plate provided at the wine tasting was delish! 
One of my best friends, Candace, got engaged this weekend to an absolutely incredible man, Nate. I am so excited for them and all that the future holds - she will make a stunning bride. I admire her so much for her faith and friendship, and the influence she's had on me in my own faith has been huge. I'm so thankful for a friend who, even with so many miles between us, is always supportive and encouraging and is certain to share sweet, godly advice when needed. I love you, Candace, and cannot wait to celebrate your and Nate's wedding day!

It was a sad day when this girl left Minneapolis. 
5 weeks until Charlotte!


No comments:

Post a Comment

you might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...