Monday, March 25

{lately} in chi-town

1. Had a great time in Chicago this past weekend with my family! Had brunch at Little Goat, the new breakfast place from the same chef of Girl and the Goat - so yummy. Followed that up with manis and pedis with the girls (thanks, Abby!) while the boys hit up a legit "man cave" to smoke cigars and drink bourbon. Reunited in the afternoon at Barn & Company for linner (two meals in the day: brunch & linner) - surprisingly great BBQ for a place in the city! And finished the day with the Million Dollar Quartet, which was pretty much a tribute to Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Carl Perkins. I'm pretty sure days don't get much better than Saturday was. After the show, my mom and dad stayed in to watch Soph Bug while the 3 kids and our better halves met up with my cousin, Grant, at the local Logan Square bars. Can I just say that I love my family?


The gang all enjoying a tasty breakfast at Little Goat in Chicago.
Oh, and then that's me loving on Sophia in the bottom right corner. She's pretty great!

Note: I also discovered that it doesn't matter how much you prepare for a roadtrip - if you are crazy tired before you even start to drive, it's just not going to be fun.

2. I realized that I haven't told y'all about the amazing yoga class I do on Mondays and Saturdays. I lucked into discovering it through my friend, Melissa. The instructor's name is Sarah, and she's incredible. She and her husband live in Roseville, and they've converted their basement into a yoga studio for Sarah to teach classes. We call it "Jesus Yoga" but all that really means is that she plays a great, non-yogaey music mix, like Mariah Carey central for Christmas, and doesn't finish up with the normal "Namaste" yoga bit. Top that off with the fact that she is a GREAT instructor and the class typically leaves me sore for a couple days afterward. I love it. She's also a killer knitter (yes, that's a thing) and taught Melissa and me how this winter. 

Eager knitters!!


3. I started a new skincare routine, and I am loving how my skin looks these days. I'm 25 after all, and that means it's high time for me to start thinking about anti-ageing. Sad. I'm not using explicitly anti-ageing products, but I am putting a heightened emphasis on moisturizing well and often and being more consistent with a regimen, which now includes Mario Badescu products. I bought them after reading Alessandra's review and haven't been disappointed at all. Look for a post on the products I'm using soon!

4. A and I are heading to Little Rock this Thursday to spend Easter with his family. I can't wait to see his fam again ... and to remember what 60 degrees feels like!

5. I've been watching Friends while working from home all day today. Why oh why can't that be real life? And why oh why can't I live with my 332A girls again so we can all squeeze into someone's bed or smoosh together on the couch and watch episode after episode of this show? I'll never forget how excited they were for me when I started Season 1 Episode 1. Such a special day that was. 

6. This is going to be a cheesy one, folks. Are you ready? Okay, here it goes. Sometimes, I am amazed that it could be possible to fall more in love with A. And then it happens. And then it happens again. Feel free to stop following me now, if necessary.

7. I have 8 weeks left in Minneapolis. That is all. 

8. Is this not THE cutest little Hoosier you've ever seen? (There's only one right answer here, folks).






1 comment:

  1. We've probably already established this, but I am loving reading your blog :) keep it up girl.

    ReplyDelete

you might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...