Wednesday, March 20

{must read} Bread & Wine

Anyone who knows me know that I am a HUGE Shauna Niequist fan. Sometimes I think we're best friends despite never having met and her not knowing I exist. But it's okay, the best friendships take time, so I still have hope.

Anyway. Her first two books, Cold Tangerines and Bittersweet are both in my top 5 favorite books. She writes in a way that makes you feel like you're sitting across from her at a local coffee shop while she shares her life with you. My copies are both currently in circulation around the greater United States, making their ways into the hands of and encouraging my closest friends that I insisted read them.


And now she's coming out with another one! Praise. The. Lord. (!). Bread & Wine: A Love Letter to Life Around the Table with Recipes will be released on April 9, but you can pre-order it now on Amazon and have it on your doorstep that week! I finally let myself make an exception to my Lenten shopping fast to pre-order it because technically I won't get it until after Easter, so it doesn't (exactly) count. Right?



I hope you enjoy her writing as much as I do!


3 comments:

  1. Cold Tangerines and Bittersweet have been on my list to read FOREVER but I kept choosing other books instead. I'll have to give them a try now that you recommended them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! They really are so good - I haven't had a single friend dislike them. I even gave Bittersweet as a present in my friends' and my "Favorite Things" gift exchange for Christmas. Let me know how you like them!

      Delete
  2. Oh, thank you! You're the sweetest! XO, Shauna

    ReplyDelete

you might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...