Thursday, March 14

{lately}


I've been eating ... food from a lot of great new restaurants around the Cities! A and I have a "restaurant bucket list" for the time we have left here in MSP, so we've been trying to make our way through that on our Sunday brunch dates and Wednesday date nights! Sometimes we choose to stay in and veg with something from the crockpot (eating out gets pricey!), but I've loved exploring more of the foodie scene in a region known for their great eats! Last night we enjoyed Goat Cheese Fritters, a Bacon Burger (the bacon is IN the burger, y'all!), and Beef Short Rib at Pat's Tap. The food was great albeit the short rib a little overpriced. I especially loved the fritters (you say goat cheese, I come a runnin'!). But the whole meal was kind of dampened by how noisy the place was. A had a long day at work, so the inability to have a nice conversation and just decompress made this a place we're happy we went to once but probably wouldn't hit again. Brunch at Bulldog Northeast on Sunday was great, though!

I've been watching ... Friday Night Lights Season 4. A and I finished Season 3 last fall and for some sad reason didn't pick it back up until now. It's like rekindling my relationships with long lost friends. Tami and Eric Taylor are so great. And so is cuddling up on the couch with A after a long day of work!

I've been celebrating ... passing the Praxis! A getting put on a project in Spain (and actually getting to go)! A getting the okay to move to Charlotte! My dad's 53rd birthday! My 25th Birth Week (it's this Saturday, and really, I've come a long way from my Birth Month last year)! And, most recently, finding a couple of girls that I might get to live with in Charlotte and who will at least make great friends!

I've been listening to ... a lot of Beyonce. That girl really keeps me amped up when I'd prefer to collapse on the treadmill. I've been training for the Lucky 7k this Saturday in Minneapolis. 4.3 miles! I'm gradually working my way up to a Half Marathon. 5K, Check! 7K, almost! Next on the plate will be a 10K, 15K, 10-miler, and then, hopefully, my first half! The best part about increasing the races is that you PR every time! Heyo!

I've been reading ... Shadows of the Almighty. Wow.

I've been wearing ... no new clothes :) I gave up clothes shopping for Lent and am so glad that I did. Doing so has really put into perspective how much I spent on things I didn't need, and I think will help me be much more intentional and wise with how I choose to spend my money in the future. It's also helped me rediscover a lot of great items already in my closet and to rework them into new outfits. Success!


What artists help get you pumped up for a long run or tough workout? I could use some recommendations!


2 comments:

  1. get it gurl! you're doing it! pumped for you and proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey oh! New girls in Charlotte - that's me!

    ReplyDelete

you might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...